Career Academy admissions decisions will be mailed the first week of March.
The Career Academy Entrance Exam was administered on January 25, 2014.
The Career Academy Application deadline was December 11, 2013.
Career Academy Application and Admissions Procedures 2013-2014
to view information on the career academies and admissions procedures
Career Academy Brochure
to view the 2013-2014 brochure!
Career Academy Information Sessions
View the Information Sessions and Open Houses
page for more infomation.
Disclaimer: Please note that the Monmouth County Vocational School District does not endorse, nor has an affiliation with any company/organization soliciting students to take a review class and practice test in order to prepare them for the MCVSD Career Academy Admission Test.
Full Time Secondary Programs Acceptance of Pupils
- Marine Academy of Science & Technology
- High Technology High School
- Monmouth County Academy of Allied Health & Science
- Communications High School of Monmouth County
- Monmouth County Biotechnology High School
- Ninth Grade Class
- Application process:
- Applications will be considered for only one school.
- Applications will be received after September 1 of the applicants' eighth grade year.
- Applications must be complete and supporting materials must be included.
- Grade transcript;
- Signed form by eighth grade school official; and
- Documentation of interest in program provided in the Specialized School (written by applicant on application).
- Applicant and parent(s) or legal guardian(s) must have attended an Information Session for school of application.
- Applications must be received in the district central office prior to the application deadline as established annually by the office of the Superintendent. Applicants must be full-time residents of Monmouth County prior to the application deadline. Monmouth County residents attending school outside of the County must have verification of Monmouth County residency from the out-of-county school.
- Applications from outside of Monmouth County will only be considered for The Marine Academy of Science and Technology as follows:
Applicants from Ocean County are ineligible.
Five spaces may be awarded to out-of-county residents.
Acceptance will be based on established acceptance criteria
All applicants will be reviewed in a single pool of "out-of-county” applicants.
- Acceptance Criteria
- Applicants will be ranked according to the following scoring:
|GPA 7th Grade (Final)
|8th Grade (1st Quarter)
|District Admission Exam
|Minimum Score for Admission
- The ratings will be determined as follows:
District Admission Exam: A District Admission Exam will be administered each year. The exam will consist of mathematics concepts and writing/language arts skills. Each part will be scored on a scale of 1-35.
- Pupil Acceptance
- If space does not permit acceptance of all qualified applicants, selection will be made with the following considerations:
- The highest scoring qualified applicant from each district pool will be offered admission. Qualified applicants are those who meet the minimum score of 75. District pool is the resident public school (excluding regional high school districts) that an applicant resides in at the time of application.
- In an effort to achieve gender and ethnic balance, additional admission offers may be made to qualified applicants.
The Monmouth County Vocational School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender, religion, disability, or socioeconomic status.