Please be sure to check this location for current announcements and information regarding staff development opportunities and events going on throughout the district.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact
Tom Evancho, Assistant Principal of Curriculum & Instruction, at: 732-431-7942, ext. 7945
Staff Development Announcements
Submitting Professional Development Requests
Staff members should submit all Professional Development Request Forms through Frontline. The Principal will approve or deny the request through that platform. The request will then be automatically forwarded to the Assistant Superintendent, who will offer final approval or denial. These approvals must occur at least ten working days in advance. Staff will receive notification of final approval. Once the professional improvement has been completed, the staff member should complete the Report of Completed Professional Development, also in Frontline. This will finalize these records.
Annual Training Requirements
MCVSD staff fulfill state and district annual training requirements by both (1) completing required tutorials listed on Global Compliance Network and (2) completing sign-offs through the provided Google Form. Staff who have satisfied both components will shortly thereafter find an item labeled "Record of Completion - State and District Annual Trainings - 5 PD Hours." listed under My Portfolio in Frontline.
District Professional Development Opportunities
Please be sure to review our District Catalog on Frontline for information on additional after school professional development opportunities.
Below are some helpful tips for navigating PowerSchool, provided by the MCVSD Tech Group.
Setting Up Term and Category Weighting
Marking Term Final Grades as Incomplete
Prior to the start of each course, be sure to verify term and category weighting is in alignment with that prescribed in the curriculum.
Staff interested in making curricular revisions should contact their subject area coach, as well as Director of Curriculum and Instruction Kelly Harmon at email@example.com in order to ensure Board approval.
Understanding By Design Framework - The Basics
Stage 1 - Identify Desired Results
- What should students know, understand, and be able to do?
- What is the ultimate transfer we seek as a result of this unit?
- What enduring understandings are desired?
- What essential questions will be explored in-depth and provide focus to all learning?
Stage 2 - Determine Assessment Evidence
- How will we know if students have achieved the desired results?
- What will we accept as evidence of student understanding and their ability to use or transfer their learning in new situations?
- How will we evaluate student performance in fair and consistent ways?
Stage 3 - Plan Learning Experiences and Instruction
- How will we support learners as they come to understand important ideas and processes?
- How will we prepare them to autonomously transfer their learning?
- What enabling knowledge and skills will students need to perform effectively and achieve desired results?
- What activities, sequence, and resources are best suited to accomplish our goals?