Parent and Guidance Resources
Raising Resilient Teens in Challenging Times Parent Presentation February 4- 7:00 PM. More information HERE
Parenting During COVID-19 Resource Guide Parenting-During-COVID-19-Resource-Guide
The Counseling Center - FREE Parenting Pandemic group and more
A Parent Resource NASP COVID-19 Parent Handout
Warning Signs of Suicide (FACTS)
Feelings- Expressing hopelessness about the future
Actions- Displaying severe/overwhelming pain or distress.
Changes- Showing worrisome behavioral cues or marked changes in behavior, including: withdrawal from friends or changes in social activities; anger or hostility; or changes in sleep.
Threats- Talking about, writing about, or making plans for suicide.
Situations- Experiencing stressful situations including those that involve loss, change, create personal humiliation, or involve getting into trouble at home, in school or with the law. These kinds of situations serve as triggers for suicide.
If you notice any of these warning signs, you can help!
- Express concern about what you are observing in their behavior
- Ask directly about suicide
- Encourage them to call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline- 800-273-TALK (8255)
- Involve an adult they trust
Remember, if you have IMMEDIATE concerns about someone's safety, call 911 right away!
*This is an updated version of the FACTS handout available in the Lifelines Curriculum and "Making Educators Partners"
For more information and resources https://www.sptsusa.org/parents/
NJDOE Graduation Requirements Updated April 2020 GradReqDOEApril2020
MCVSD District Standardized Test Schedule MCVSDStandardizedTestingSched20-21
2020-2021 NJSLA Test Dates
March 15 - June 11, 2021
Testing will be scheduled throughout the school day. Contact the school for a specific schedule.
Testing Time Allotted per student: Two 90 minute units. Total time 180 minutes per subject.
Testing Mode: Computer-based
Subjects: ELA 9, Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry
NJSLS-Science (NJSL-S) Grade 11
March 15 - June 11, 2021
January 26, 2021. Check with the school for a specific schedule.
SAT- School Based 12th Grade
October 14, 2020
Check with the school for a specific schedule.
Check with the BTHS for a specific schedule.
High School Portfolio Appeals
TBD by the NJDOE
Parents Make a Difference!
Our School-Parent Compact:
- Working cooperatively with parents to provide for their participation in the successful education of their children agree to:
- Provide high quality curriculum and instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment;
- Give student the help needed to meet the State’s performance standards;
- Describe and explain the curriculum and proficiencies;
- Provide for parent-teacher meetings;
- Provide reports on student progress.
- Parents play an integral role in assisting their child’s learning
- Parents are encouraged to be actively involved in their child’s education at school
- Parents are full partners in their child’s education
You can help your child succeed by:
- Providing a home that encourages learning and get your child the help he /she needs
- Providing a home that supports your child’s physical, mental, and emotional development
- Having positive values about education serves as an important perspective for your children
- Work with the school and other community groups that have an impact on your child
- Talk with your child about school, activities and friends. Be sure to listen to what they say
- Make sure your child attends school and gets there on time
- Set high but realistic expectations for success
- Keep your child healthy
- Communicate with the school about how your child learns and about other things that might affect learning or behavior at school
- Encourage your child to develop his/her interests and help him/her find opportunities to learn more about them
- Help your child to develop good relationships
- Keep your child safe and help him or her understand the consequences of behaviors.
Support for Families from the New Jersey Department of Education:
The NJ Department of Education has created a family-focused web site at www.NJFamily.com with resources to help you support your child's education, and navigate your school system. The NJDOE has also opened a "Help Desk" which can be reached through the parent menu option of their toll-free number: 877-900- 6960.
Electronic Communication Between Teaching Staff Members and Students Policy 3283 (PDF Format)
MCVSD Parent Involvement Policy Letter to Parents (PDF Format)
MCVSD Right to Know Letter to Parents 9/2015 (PDF Format)
MCVSD LEP Statement (PDF Format)
District Parent Involvement Policy (PDF Format)
Parental Rights in Special Education 2019 (PRISE))
Title I Entrance and Exit Criteria 9/2015 (PDF Format)
School/Parent/Student Compact 9/2015 (PDF Format)
Updated (November 2015) Graduation Requirements from the NJDOE for Classes of 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 (PDF Format)