Shared Time Application will open January 5, 2024
Shared Time Acceptance of Pupils
All pupils will be given equal opportunity for enrollment in programs operated by the Monmouth County Vocational School District regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender, religion, disability, or socioeconomic status (34 C.F.R. Part 100, Appendix B, Section IV-A). No qualified handicapped person shall, on the basis of handicap, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or otherwise be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity which receives federal financial assistance, et seq (34 C.F.R. Part 104.4(a)(b).
- Regular High School Students: Shared TimeQualified pupils will be accepted into regular vocational programs operated by the Monmouth County Vocational School District on a geographic basis based upon the number of applications submitted by the home high schools. Pupils enrolling in the eleventh grade will be given priority acceptance. Other pupils would be accepted based upon program vacancies and the individual merits and needs of the applicant. N.J.A.C. 6A:19-2.3(b)Qualified pupils will be those meeting the following criteria: Applications for regular high school programs will be processed online and through the high school guidance department in the school that the applicant attends whether it be a public or non-profit private high school.
- Regular Shared Time Programs
- Pupils must have an expressed interest in the Occupational Area.
- Pupils must have an excellent attendance record (less than fifteen days absent per year).
- Pupils must have a "C" grade point average.
- Pupils and parent(s) or legal guardian(s) must tour the program prior to submitting an application. This may be accomplished through attendance at an open house, orientation, teacher interview, tour with counselor, or other means arranged with the Principal.
- Tech Prep Programs Initially, enrollment will be established within each geographic area based upon number of applications submitted prior to the deadline date which will be determined annually by the Superintendent.
- Applicants for Tech Prep Programs must meet all of the above criteria.
- Pupils must have successfully completed (grade "C" or better) Algebra.
- Pupils must have successfully completed (grade "C" or better) one year of science (for Allied Health, the science must be a laboratory biology).
- If less applications than spaces available are received, all qualified pupils will be accepted.
- If more applications than spaces are received, pupil selection will be based upon need as established by the number of qualified applications from each school district with all schools being given equal access to all programs.
- Each school would be given a quota of openings based upon the number of applications submitted by the school for that program.
- Factors of consideration will be: complete application, counselor recommendations, attendance, grades, personal interview with vocational counselor.
- Regular Shared Time Programs