450 Atlantic Avenue, Aberdeen 07747
Ms. Deirdre Callaghan
High School Program Description
The program prepares the student with the essential workplace readiness skills to work in an advertising agency. Students will design or create graphics to meet specific commercial or promotional needs, such as packaging, displays, or logos. May use a variety of mediums to achieve artistic or decorative effects. Illustration and photography are also introduced over the course of two years.
- Graphic Artist
- Art Director
Program Skills And Tasks
- Illustrate concepts by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts
- Submit rough layout of concept for approval
- Prepare finished art and copy by operating typesetting, printing, and similar equipment
- Prepare final layout by marking and pasting up finished product
- Complete projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc.
Detail Oriented: Commercial Artists must follow specifications to create advertisements that are appealing to the eye and meet the client’s deadline.
Interpersonal Skills: Commercial Artists are expected to contribute when in a team atmosphere.
Organizational Skills: Commercial Artists must have excellent organizational skills. They must be able to communicate details of each specific task. Copyright laws must be followed so ideas are truly created by artists.
Brookdale Community College
- School of Visual Arts
- The Fashion Institute of Technology
- Monmouth University
- DuCret School of Art
High School Credits Earned
|Commercial Art 1||10 credits|
|CTE Math I||5 credits|
|CTE Science I||5 credits|
|Commercial Art 2||10 credits|
|CTE Math II||5 credits|
|CTE Science II||5 credits|