21 Robertsville Road, Freehold 07728
Mr. Guy Letrick
High School Program Description
The curriculum is designed to provide HIGH SCHOOL students with practical and theoretical knowledge of refrigeration, heating, ventilation and air condition systems. The technical course combines classroom theory with practical, hands-on training. This course is intended to prepare students for professional and technical career opportunities.
- Heating and air conditioning systems designer/installer
- Residential heating and air conditioning systems service and maintenance contractor
- Commercial refrigeration systems repair technician. Certified heat pump technician
Program Skills And Tasks
- Demonstrate how to read a Pressure
- Temperature chart
- Diagram a basic refrigeration system
- Name the basic components of a refrigeration system
- Explain Superheat and Sub-cooling
- Demonstrate how to use a Voltmeter, Ammeter, Ohmmeter, Multi-meter and charge an A/C system
Responsibility/Direction: HVACR Helper must be able to follow directions and protocols.
Communication Skills: HVACR Helper must work closely with the technician and costumer.
Listening Skills: HVACR Helper must have good listening skills. They need to listen to the costumer to help identify the problem and the technician for directions on what to do on the job.
Organizational Skills: HVACR Helper must have excellent organizational skills. They should have the correct tools on the job and keep their work vehicle organized.
- Pennsylvania College of Technology*
- Mercer Community College
- Raritan Valley Community College
High School Credits Earned
|HVACR 1||10 credits|
|CTE Math I||5 credits|
|CTE Science I||5 credits|
|HVACR 2||10 credits|
|CTE Math II||5 credits|
|CTE Science II||5 credits|
Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning Technology, Mechanical Systems:
Introduction to Refrigeration
Total: 5 credits*
Students who sign up with Penn Tech receive these credits at completion of program
Certificates Upon Graduation
MCVSD Program Certificate
EPA 609 Certification
Residential Industry Competence Exam
NJ AVERAGE WAGES - $8.00-$12.00/hour to start (as of 2013)