For Full Time and Shared Time programs
Thank you for your interest in the Monmouth County Vocational School District. To be eligible for admissions into one of our Career Academies and Shared-Time programs students must submit an application to the Monmouth County Vocational School District and follow the procedures outlined below. To apply to the Career Center or CLASS Academy, applicants will need to contact those schools directly. For more information on admissions into any of our programs, please contact 732-431-7942
All pupils will be given equal opportunity for enrollment in programs operated by the Monmouth County Vocational School District regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender, religion, disability, or socioeconomic status (34 C.F.R. Part 100, Appendix B, Section IV-A). No qualified handicapped person shall, on the basis of handicap, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or otherwise be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity which receives federal financial assistance, et seq (34 C.F.R. Part 104.4(a)(b).
Career Academy Admissions
For admission into Academy of Allied Health and Science (AAHS), Biotechnology High School (BTHS), Communications High School (CHS), High Technology High School (HTHS), and Marine Academy of Science and Technology (MAST) eighth grade students must be resident's of Monmouth County at the time of the Application Deadline.
*MAST accepts applications from out of county, except residents of Ocean County. Ocean County Vocational Technical School offers MATES.
- Students will be required to take an Admissions Exam
- Student, accompanied by a parent/guardian, must attend an information session. You may attend as many information sessions as you like to help you decide which school is right for you. You must attend the information session for the school you apply to. For more information select the career academy policy and brochure.
- Submitting an application: You will receive a registration code and information on how to access the online application at the information session you attend.
- When you successfully submit your online application you will receive a Confirmation Page and Application Checklist that you will need to print and give to a school official (Counselor/Principal). Monmouth County Vocational School District must receive the required school form and transcript or the student may be ineligible.
Shared-Time Programs Admission
To apply to one of the Shared Time programs applicants should be in grade 10 or grade 11.
- Students are required to submit an application.
- Attend an open house or schedule a tour of the program of interest.
- Cosmetology applicants will be required to take an admissions exam.
- The online application will open on January 19, 2018 and the deadline to apply is March 30, 2018.
- Qualified students who apply by the application deadline and are currently in 10th grade will be given priority. Other qualified students may apply based upon program vacancies and the individual merits and needs of the applicant. Please note: Cosmetology applications may not be accepted after the established deadline due to the scheduled cosmetology test.
- Grades and attendance are factors considered for admission.
- For more information select the Shared Time Policy.
- Cosmetology Policy
Academy of Law and Public Safety:
Students should apply during 10th grade for admittance in grades 11 and 12. Students will be expected to have completed 2 years of a lab science, 2 years of english, 2 years of social studies, 2 years of mathematics (Algebra I/Geometry), 2 years of fitness/physical education, 1 year of a foreign language, and 1 year of visual and performing arts.
Design Academy at Communications High School:
Students should apply during 10th grade for admittance in grades 11 and 12. Students will be required to submit a portfolio and take an admissions exam. For more information about the Design Academy please contact Communications High School at 732-681-1010.