Monmouth County Vocational School District & Festo Didactic Inc.
Partner to provide a unique opportunity for junior and senior high school students in Monmouth County
High School Program Description
The MCVSD Pre-Manufacturing & Robotics program offers juniors & seniors in Monmouth County the opportunity to engage and prepare for a career in Advanced Manufacturing , Engineering & Robotics. Students will earn industry-recognized certifications and participate in hands-on experiences as well as on the job training through our Structured-Learning Program. This is a shared-time program where students will attend part of the day with MCVSD and the other part of the day at their home high school. * The Advanced Manufacturing & Robotics program is in partnership with Festo Didatic Inc. located in Tinton Falls, New Jersey.
- Design engineering systems for the automation of industrial tasks.
- Create mechanical design documents for parts, assemblies, or finished products.
- Maintain technical project files.
- Implement or test design solutions.
- Create mechanical models and tolerance analyses to simulate mechatronic design concepts.
Labor and skilled trade Work:
- Production Laborers
- Stationary Engineers
- Glass Cutters and Trimmers
- Glass Grinding and Polishing Workers
- Instrument and Electronic Technicians
- Team Assemblers
Science and Technology Application: (Occupations):
- Food Safety Specialists
- Plant and System Operators
- Industrial Health and Safety Engineers
Management and Supervision:
- First-Line Supervisors
- Production Managers
- Sales and Relationship Management:
- Sales Representative
- Critical Thinking: Analyzing information and situations to solve problems.
- Teamwork: Putting forth your best effort, working cooperatively with colleagues to achieve a common goal.
- Communication: Expressing your thoughts clearly and respectfully in words and actions, including active listening.
- Entrepreneurship: Remonstrating superior self motivation, such as staying focused on work goals, being a role model, and finding effective ways to motivate others.
- Technology: Mastering and adapting to the changing technical tools used to do your job.
Overview of Course Work - Level 1
- Safety in Manufacturing
- Introduction to Engineering: Exposure to various branches of engineering, careers available, educational requirements and tools.
- Supply Chain Manufacturing and Control: Overview of planning & control the manufacturing system to ensure
the desired productions are manufactured within the appropriate time period, meeting quality and specifications.
- Material, Properties & Processes: Provide a foundation for understanding the relationship between material properties, structure, and performance.
- Engineering Graphics with CAD: Introduction to design utilizing freehand sketching, manual board drafting, and Computer-Aided Drafting.
- Fluid Power: Introduction to pneumatics and hydraulic systems related to the manufacturing industry (energy source)
- Electricity & Electronics: Introduction to the basic concepts of DC & AC circuit analysis. Loop and node analysis, network theorems and poly-phase circuit
- Mechatronics: Introduction to automation technology and the mechatronic systems essential for efficient manufacturing.
High School Credits Earned
|Advanced manufacturing I||10 credits|
|Statistics for Manufacturing I||5 credits|
|ICTE (Integrated Career Technical Education) Science||5 credits|
|Advanced Manufacturing II||10 credits|
|Statistics for Manufacturing II||5 credits|
|ICTE ( Integrated Career Technical Education) Science||5 credits|
Monmouth County (Hazlet) Area:
Range of Salary: $56,077.00- $79,701.00
* Annual salary according to salary.com as of Nov. 2016